Thursday, September 4, 2014

Graph DB Comparison



OrientDB vs Neo4j


I'm glad I read this and I think you will be too!

It was beneficial in that it outlined many of the enterprise limitations of Neo4j. 

Here are a few ...
1. One master server which creates a bottleneck on write operations when distributed
2. Cypher. Easy to learn but who needs to constantly covert sql to cypher?
3. Inability to reclaim storage space on deletes without a restart
4. Schema less architecture. Inhibits design for a lot of use cases

I'm looking forward to working with Orient some more.  I'll write about that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What data quality is (and what it is not)

Like the radar system pictured above, data quality is a sentinel; a detection system put in place to warn of threats to valuable assets. ...