Thursday, January 23, 2014

Microsoft Data Quality Services: Market Impact?

I have been getting my feet wet with Microsoft's Data Quality Services and as I read more and more I cannot help but think about how this feature introduction will impact the DQ market.  I know there will be some that scuff at this suggestion, but I think there a ripple forming in Seattle (and I am not talking about Richard Sherman) that is going to stir the market.

Here is why I think Microsoft has the potential to disrupt the DQ market ...

  •  most DQ solutions on the market cost more than the SMB market can afford

  • they require skill sets that are hard to come by and demand considerable compensation

  • many SMBs own MS SQL Server for some, if not all, their database needs


what do you think?

[polldaddy poll=7739976]

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What data quality is (and what it is not)

Like the radar system pictured above, data quality is a sentinel; a detection system put in place to warn of threats to valuable assets. ...